Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kusudama flower ball

Needing to busy my fingers soon after uni finished for the year I decided to try making an origami project.  On June and Eve's Folding Trees website I found 2 fantastic tutorials on how to make a Kusudama flower ball: Kusudama Tutorial Part 1; Kusudama Tutorial Part 2.  A photo of my almost project is below.  I just need to glue the two halves together and add a ribbon for hanging.  It would be lovely with more brightly patterned papers - I used some paper I wasn't so fond of to try it out but if I do another one I will find some really pretty colourful paper printed with a different pattern on each side.  You do get to see both sides but the paper I used was similar on both sides so the difference in patterns is not obvious in my example.  Takes a while to complete and I was glad when I had the 60th petal finished so I could start forming the flowers.


Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide