Monday, January 11, 2010

Girlie Granny Rug

The last few winters Geoff has pinched my first crocheted afghan to snuggle under.  It was lots of fun to make as it had six different types of squares so lots of variety to keep me from getting bored during its creation.  You can see it on 'his' couch in the background of this photo.



Realising I probably would have to keep sharing it with himself each winter I thought I would start a new rug - this time a really pretty granny rug - so girly that he won't want to use it and will leave it free for me to snuggle up under when I get chilly in the winter.  I started it in September 2007 and have been so busy with uni since then that I haven't had much of a chance to work on it until recently.  I've completed 34 squares but will need quite a few more before I have enough for a decent, cosy rug.  MaryEllen has shared her Easy Daisy Granny Square here.  Here's a little sample of squares in waiting.  As you can see they are all in pastel, pretty, girly colours with a sweet daisy in the centre of each one - no chance Geoff will want to be caught snuggled up under this one!


Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide