Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cardigan

Upcoming project... lovely stripey colourful cardigan.  Having dabbled in bits and pieces of crochet for a while now, I think it is time to try crafting an actual garment.  This pattern book caught my eye.


It has 6 projects designed for using up scraps (I don't have a lot since I have used them up in my dabbling...) so I have purchased some gorgeous Jo Sharp Summer SoHo Cotton to make the cardigan on the cover with (all on sale!  End of dye lots).  Need a couple more colours and some black so a nice excuse to go yarn shopping.  I can hardly wait to get started although I am making an amigurumi giraffe for my prac supervisor at the moment (long story)... so not sure when I will start (also the daisy rug to finish off).

Hopefully when done it will go with lots of things in my wardrobe and being cotton will be a nice mid-season cardie.  When does Brisbane really get cold enough for truly cold-weather cardies and jumpers anyhow?

I keep looking at the yarn (pretty!) and am really looking forward to working with the lovely colours and texture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide